Rights & Responsibilities
• To be treated with courtesy by all school staff.
• To be respected as individuals, regardless of race, creed, national origin, gender, status, or age.
• To be able to visit the school at anytime, as long as their visits do not disrupt the school program.
• To be able to visit their child's classroom, after a request from the Principal to do so, and in accord with the guidelines of the school.
• To be informed of academic requirements of the school's programs.
• To be informed of school policies and administrative decisions.
• To participate in parent/teacher conferences to discuss their child's progress and needs.
• To expect reasonable protection for their child from harm while under school authority.
• To participate in the school's PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization).
• To receive any communication from the school involving their child's progress and information concerning school decisions, programs, closures, etc.
• To obtain a full day of education for their child within the legally defined number of hours and days required by the State of Michigan.
• To appeal any adverse decision involving their child, through the school's board of education.
ATA has an open door policy for parents. Therefore, parents can visit the school at any time. Our only requirement is that parents sign in at the school office and receive a visitor's pass before going to their intended destiny. We also request that parents do not disturb the teacher during classroom instructional time. If there is a need to confer with the teacher, then the parent should schedule an appointment. In the event that there is a need to meet with the administrator, please schedule an appointment at least one day in advance. If the meeting is of an emergency nature, then the Principal or Assistant Principal will make themselves available to meet with the parent.